Job Description and Requirements
Search for Common Ground (Search)- Jordan office intends to recruit a full-time Finance Assistant to provide support and financial tasks to the organization, ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, with sense of responsibility and knowledge of INGO general finance rules.
The full-time Finance Assistant will assist by acting as the organization's – Search Jordan, Finance Assistant, providing help and support to the finance department as per the tasks assigned to him/her.
The Finance Assistant will be based in Amman and expected to work to the assigned implementation governorates that SFCG has activities within the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (field visits to the partners).
The Jordan Finance Assistant will report to the Jordan Finance Coordinator.
- Adhere to SFCG policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist in verifying the partners financial reports by ensuring their supporting documents meet SFCG and donors’ rules and regulations.
- Assist the finance unit with scanning and making payments when requested.
- Visit the social security, income tax and bank when requested to make payments or securing documents from them.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents (hard and soft copies).
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Conduct field visits to the partners and make necessary capacity building when requested.
- Assist in any other tasks requested by the finance coordinator.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the HR department.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Business field, Masters in Finance or Certificates in accounting or any other related field is a plus
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- 1- 3 years of related work experience or in a comparable position.
- Strong knowledge of compliance regulations.
- Good knowledge of donor regulations regarding financial reporting.
- Previous experience working with local partners.
- Dynamic team player with creative problem-solving skills, particularly in challenging situations.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership, management skills, Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to-detail.
الاقسام المعلن فيها الوظيفة